By Kelly Bogard
I bet you have a few go-to recipes for a party, right? Well I do, too. And with the Fourth of July holiday being in the middle of the week, I wanted to make sure that the recipes I fix are quick, easy and, most of all, don’t heat up my already warm kitchen.
There’s nothing better than a cold dip to cool you off on a hot fun-filled holiday…especially when it takes less than 10 minutes to put together. Now this recipe is not a Kelly original, but one I got from one of my many Junior League cookbooks. I’ve just modified it so much over the years that it isn’t quite the same.
For Fiesta Corn Dip, you will need…
3 11-oz. cans sweet corn with bell peppers
1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
1 bunch green onion, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Now like I said earlier, this recipe is super quick to put together. You can eat it right away or let it chill for a bit. It is totally up to you. It is yummy both ways; however, I prefer mine chilled, so I usually make it the night before. I also think scoop-style corn chips are a must for serving this dip.
I hope you have a wonderful and safe time with your friends and family on this very special holiday. What will you be serving? I would love to know. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Fiesta Corn Dip
Summary: Quick and easy summer veggie dip
- 3 11-oz. cans sweet corn with bell peppers
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Drain corn and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix in chilies.
- Add green onion.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Pour the cream mixture over the vegetable and stir to combine.
- Slowly add grated cheese, mixing well to prevent clumping.
- Chill and serve with corn chips or crackers.
Prep time (duration): 0 hour(s), 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 15-20